It is not possible to train successfully based on meditation alone. The Laws of Nature come into play in everything that we do, including the law of adaptation, which governs how the human body can be safely and successfully stimulated to adapt to all kinds of change. In freediving we need to adapt to decreasing oxygen saturation levels, increasing carbon dioxide levels, pressure at depth, the body's ability to work anaerobically, specific strength and flexibility and many other things. The mind is not separate from this adaptive process.
Every aspect of ourselves needs time and the right, healthy approach, in order to flourish under a training programme. In this course, I unfold the fullness of this process, helping you to understand that freedive training is a holistic process of mind, body and spirit, and that each and every aspect needs to receive just the right amount of stimulus, and the right amount of rest for effective adaptation to occur. Once this balance is found, progress is more rapid, without compromising on safety and healthy integrity of the body.
Videos contained in this course:
- Lecture: ‘Training Zone’ - 9 min
- Lecture: ‘Comfort Zone’ - 11 min
- Pranayama: ‘Basic Breath Series’ - 45 min
- Kriya: ‘Basic Spinal Energiser’ - 49 min
- Lecture: ’Respecting Your Body’ - 11 min
- Visualisation: ‘The Perfect Dive’ - 20 min
Total time: two and a half hours
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
- Five videos and over two and a half hours of targeted TRAINING & PERFORMANCE training
- A further two and a half hours of tips and technique training in 22 "How to..." videos
- Video streaming on any mobile device
- Audio downloads of the lectures and visualisations to take with you wherever you want
- Step by step six week programme to ensure you get the best out of your ENERGY BEYOND BREATH experience
- Lifetime access to all videos and online content
WHY IS TRAINING & PERFORMANCE IMPORTANT?
TRAINING AND PERFORMANCE is the next crucial step along the Yoga for Freediving path - it shifts our perspective of ourselves, enabling us to go even deeper on our journey of reflecting on ourselves and our training within the greater context of the Universe and the laws of nature that govern all of creation. When we start to work with ourselves on this level our consciousness opens up dramatically, and it can be the moment that we make the shift from ‘me’ to ‘we’, which is essential in expanding and letting go of our fears, perceptions and projections.
For freedivers, Training and Performance is essential as it is this course, possibly more than any other, that addresses the internal battle that so many face when confronted with the desire for greater performance, but faced with the very uncomfortable reality of a squeeze, black-out, or physical or mental burn-out. Training and Performance paves the way for a radical re-think of your training strategy to help you move from stress to 'yes'! It leads smoothly into the next course, Success and Failure, to dig deep into our psyche to understand how our underlying beliefs drive us towards unsupportive and even unhealthy or destructive behaviour. Training and Performance is about training in balance and harmony, to always connect with the joy in what we do, and how we do it.
PREMIUM clients will receive a personal online consultation and three one to one sessions with Sara.